Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ha! I just realized I rarely do anything with this blog. Let's see if we can change that.

Well I guess it's best to mention the status of my holiday season. This Christmas was a good one but nothing exciting. It was a modest occasion spent with those nearest and dearest in my life. My brother and his ever budding family came down on Wednesday to spend Christmas with me and my folks. Seeing my niece(Kailey) and nephew(Edwin) grow before my eyes is a pure and fascinating joy. Edwin was rather ornery this year but I guess that can be expected from a almost 3 year old. I gave him a dinosaur for Christmas that roars when you press it's back. At first he loved it and then alas he was scared of it. I bought Kailey a hooded sweater from Anthropolgie.

Unfortunately the holidays landed square in the middle of my work week and I was sick through most of Christmas and my birthday. Fortunately working at the airport on holidays is a fairly easy shift.

So that was my christmas and with all that said, I must say that God speaks especially in the dreariest moments of our life. I realized this Christmas that even when at my loneliest, God is with us, Emmanuel.




1 comment: